Private equity firms increasingly are asking their portfolio
companies to generate profitable growth. A key path to such growth is
improving sales and marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
ELAM has helped numerous private equity firms make rapid improvements in the sales and marketing organizations of their portfolio companies, ones that have boosted revenue as much as 20% and made unprofitable businesses profitable in 1-2 years – without having to launch new products or services.
Boosting Revenue and Profitability of Portfolio Companies
ELAM’s services help private equity firms:
- Propel revenue and profits of portfolio companies
- Determine the optimal size, territory structure and compensation model for a sales force, and the competencies of sales professionals and sales managers.
- Identify, articulate and implement changes to substantially boost sales leads, close rates, and customer retention. Our audits explicitly identify issues, the steps in solving them, and the financial returns of doing so.
- Rigorously evaluate the returns on potential sales and marketing investments such as additional sales professionals and new marketing campaigns.
- In due diligence, we can rigorously assess and identify the best growth opportunities and the sales and marketing capabilities of a potential acquisition.
What Does ELAM Uniquely Bring to Private Equity Companies?
- Both the science and art of performance improvement: We combine a highly quantitative approach to dissecting the problems of sales and marketing organizations with a qualitative approach to introducing beneficial change, one that enhances the art of demand creation.
- A deep well of sales and marketing expertise: gained from nearly 30 years of focusing solely on sales and marketing – strategy, organizational design, operations, compensation, information management and technology.
- Cross-industry experience: We have transformed the sales and marketing organizations of companies in a range of industries, from financial services and high-tech to health care and consumer packaged goods.
- The skills and operations to implement nearly everything we recommend: We can help portfolio companies institute the changes they must make – even down to administering their sales compensation programs and information reporting.